Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiDas > Advice please!! We have two maxidas DS7...
Advice please!! We have two maxidas DS708 scanners at work one new and another complete in good shape SD card destroyed

2621 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2016-01-31 16:06:52

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    briandisneyatgreulichs23
    2016-01-10 03:34:42
     Hello my name is Brian I Work for Greulichs Automotive here in Phx I just moved from one location to another and at the new location I found two DS708 scanner One is new and the other in good shape with the SD card shattered in pieces, i suspect that why the new one. I would like to have both scanners working for the shop. I have all the info on the scanner DS013Q002252  pw 122708 , I Need to download the software if at all posable for this scanner, I know my Company's not going to spring for an update but I hate to waste a perfectly good scanner. Can I get the software  the scanner had or last updated with?? I mirrored the other sd card but with it using the Mac Address from a hardware specific device like the WiFi card it makes it tricky to spoof that address of the new scanner..... Is there any way to delete the current update on the mirrored sd card and have the server down the last good config. to the new SD card. I tried to register the scanner with all the information but the site say registration failed, not sure what direction to go. I would hope maybe support would help with this considering my company has at least 18 of these and maxisys scanners within the company.... so support if you chime in please help with this okay,, thank everyone..B Disney from Greulichs27 

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Hi, sorry that if the SD card of DS013Q002252 is broken and update for it expired then there is no way to restore the software on it except to buy new update. The software from other tools is not authorized to use on this unit.
    Also it has been registered under ID greulichs23 already so it cannot be registered again. If you need to transfer it to another ID, please advise and we will help transfer it to the new ID. Thanks!

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2016-01-11 21:38:38 (Reply to:Autel Support)

Jeez Support , if you made an exception and took care of this guy I think he might have an Orlando  Theme Park Comp ready for you in your name with your choice of a Princess for a guide :-)

•   Level 4   
    (115) points
    jfoj

2016-01-31 16:06:52 (Reply to:witsend)

I have to say, that companies should have the ability provide back images to subscription based products.

Even if this means sending the item in for a service of say $125, many people may find this far below the threshold of pain compared to upping the annual subscription. This is a problem that is wrong with all of these models.

The user Portal should have the 2 most recent images available for back up.

Not sure if this is an oversight or just a money maker for these companies?

I mean even if Autel provide the shipping image of the tool it would at least have some useful capability.

Once a shop realizes that the tool actually still works, there is a high likelihood that they would actually step up and get another annual subscription for the tool, vs having the tool sit on the shelf and collect dust. But like anything, everyone wants to know they are not pumping money down a black hole.

Total1 Pages